September 6, 2008

Missing Her

Looking at the beautiful flowers in my yard and remembering this was going to be her project at my new house.....I'm missing her.

Seeing the red room totally painted.  Red was her favorite color....I'm missing her.

Watching Mike paint the walls with the paint she bought us and knowing that she would be here painting if only she could....I'm missing her.

Looking at my windows that may never have curtains because she's not here to help me make a decision....I'm missing her.

Framing a canvas painting she gave me just weeks before her death....I'm missing her.

Halloween is coming and Leigh Ann wants another outfit made.  If she were here, she would be the first to help....I'm missing her.

So many reminders of a beautiful life well lived.  I am missing not having her around. 

Thank you Lord for the blessing of being able to love.  Thank you for the blessing of having a wonderful mother-in-law who helped paint my world with beauty and grace.

1 comment:

so much more without words. said...

How fitting that you have such beautiful reminders of such a beautiful lady. my heart breaks for you....
dayna