Never a burden that He doth not bear,
Never a sorrow that He doth not share,
Moment by moment, I'm under His care.
Moment by moment I'm kept in His love;
Moment by moment I've life from above;
Looking to Jesus till glory doth shine;
Moment by moment, Oh Lord, I am Thine.
(by Daniel Whittle, 1840-1901)
I found myself singing this hymn in the quiet hours of the morning today. The Holy Spirit seemed to be reminding me that life is much easier when I look at it moment by moment rather day by day or event by event or trial by trial.
He also brought comfort to my heart as He reminded me that He is there right beside me in every trial, helping bear every burden and wiping my tears in every sorrow.
One thing that often hampers my receiving His tender care is my own self-sufficiency....
my refusal to call on Him because I'm solving my own problem...
my refusal to fall in His arms of grace and receive mercy and help in my time of need.
Father, often I resist when I need to rest and relax in the beautiful promises You have given me all throughout scripture. Thank you for your undivided attention to every detail of my life. Thank you for tenderly loving me and carrying me when I can't go another step. Thank you for seeing every tear that falls from my eyes and for reminding me that I am under your care and watchful eye. I love you and rest in Your steadfast love.
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you." Psalm 32:8
No comments:
Post a Comment